Friday, October 16, 2009

CHAPTER 1: AND THEN THERE WERE THREE




Simply put, my world has been rocked. I have been a father for all of 3 months and let me tell you, it is a crazy, exciting, scary, and the most joyous thing one could happen to a guy. the one thing I tell people who are considering having kids is that you have to want to have children because nothing can prepare you for this. NOTHING! This is hard work and I've only been at this for about 3 months.

The one thing I have had to learn through all of this is of course patience and allowing myself to let go of everything that is not important and surrendering to the small one that will dictate the first few years of your immediate life. Amazingly enough you won't even care about that because you'll be too busy staring at your latest creation wondering how this whole thing got started in the first place. Example. I am an actor/filmmaker and one could consider it to be a profession where it is all about you (the artist). I also love going to the movies, and being social. Now this aspect isn't over it's just postponed for now, but the thing is is that you have to be at a point in your life where you can hit the pause button for a second to make sure that you bring a smart and intelligent person up in the world. This aspect of my life is not over however it has made me more picky about what I go out to see and what I put my "free time" into. That and I would be a total jerk if I did not coordinate with my wife. You cannot just up and go because the simple act of going to the movies is now something that has to be orchestrated. Frustrating....yes it can be but there is a learning curve to this whole baby thing for sure so try not to think that your life has been robbed all of a sudden. Try to look at this as a transition from one lifestyle to the next, I mean you have been put in the position of taking care of another human being!! So don't blow it :) For myself I like to look at the glass as being half full rather than half empty, so if there is a will, then of course there is a way. Having a child as it relates to your own personal endeavors is not the end of the world but it is challenging as it teaches you to manage your time wisely.

My goal for this site is to make this a virtual place a sort of refuge for new fathers to share their successes as well as their challenges and how you've jumped over those hurdles. I also want this to be a fun site and so every now and then I'll probably rant about some really cool gadget, movie or current events whatever. Take care everyone, we'll see you soon

And so it is...I am
L. Jeffery Moore

COMING SOON!
Video of little Banneker

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jeff, he so beautiful...my daughter is 10 now...all I can say is enjoy it because he won't stay little very long!!

    Luv Ya,


    Missy

    ReplyDelete